Sunday, November 13, 2011

Les Pin-Ups are theBalm!

Feast your eyes on these very special ladies:

Now, their only job is to entice you to buy their fabulous eyeshadows. That's not discounting the guy I saw staring at the display in Sephora; I'm sure he's quite tempted to bring these babies home.
Yes, I am referring to the eyeshadows! Silly, get your mind out of the gutter!
But, I digress.
Marissa and Jordana Shipman, along with the rest of the cast over at theBalm, have done it again. These little shimmer pots are phenomenal in every little detail; the packaging is retro-cutesy, the names are hilarious, and the product is amazing-as-in-crazy-good!
So the other details: they come in a pack of 4 pots; each for one of the girls 'cause they all have to have a signature shade. The pots are clear plastic, so you can always see the gorgeous shimmer (not that it helps when studying for exams - hehe...).
Another reason they are so special? Fine: the name "Overshadow" not only implies the incredible-ness of the shadow, but also an alternative way to just wearing it alone. These shadows are designed to be layered ontop of your base shadow, and even eachother. While playing around with them this afternoon, I discovered that the shimmering gold colour goes really well over the champagne pink shade; We'll get to that in a minute.
From right to left, top to bottom:
 No money, no honey; If you;re rich I'm single;
You buy, I'll Fly, and Work Is Overrated
theBalm has become one of my all-time favorite makeup brands [along with the fabulous BareMinerals, Sonia Kashuk, Pixi, and Sephora brand] for two reasons. ONE: all of their products are crafted to be environmentally safe, made of mostly natural materials AND animal-testing FREE (so I can steer clear of the wackadoos at my school who always ask people like me "you're wearing stuff tested on rabbits?" with a simple, "no I'm not."). TWO: the product pay-off is amazing as well. Everything has a barely-there feel, goes and comes off easily, and stays on forever. I mean, you can never get rid of glitter, but this stuff lasts all day; even through my dance-team practices which are two hours ontop of a 7 1/2 hour school day.
Now the totally fun stuff: The COLOURS
"No Money, No Honey" is a fabulous gold shade, its' lid graced by the blonde. It's a light tint and adds just a bit of sophistication to even the dullest of looks (like it makes boring pale pinks and browns look Oscar-worthy).
"If You're Rich, I'm Single" is indeed a rich colour, even alone. It's a medium mauve with slivery-pewter flecks that give it that extra wow-factor. It's the perfect Chicago-style It Girl shade.
"You Buy, I'll Fly" is a pop of copper that most have dreamed of acheiving. It's bright, bold, and beautiful, but can look messy and unattractive if applied with a heavy-hand. HUGE colour pay-off, I swear!
"Work Is Overrated"- my all time name, partially because of the name; The sitting-pretty auburn doll is about to have her way with a pretty champagne pink sparkle. Honestly, it's the cutest, most effortlessly pretty & flirty colour. I will always think I'm smooth as silk in this.

theBalm's products span from eyeshadows to skin-care and everything in between. From my knowledge, it can be found in Sephora, Ulta, and I've even snagged a blush and a lipstain set from T.J. Maxx. Can't seem to find it, then get on to their website: www.thebalm.com (hey, it even rhymes!)
That's all for me on this lazy Sunday! Happy Experimenting everyone!

Carie Lea
p.s. cross your fingers- I might update before December!

No comments:

Post a Comment