Friday, September 16, 2011

LeaLook: BlueBird

piece from BlueBird comic by bluegirlwish


Hello all!
So sorry that I haven't updated in what seems like forever. School just started back up and I'm trying to figure my way around my schedule and my laptop (evil thing).
I have a big surprise coming up for you all in just a couple of days [hopefully], but I thought I would stem your curiosity with a look.
I actually wore this to school on the first day. I love it because it brightened up a really grey, over-cast day and looked really pretty when I got to wander around with all of the near-fantasy nature at my school. If only I had worn a pretty dress...
The blues and greys of this look are inspired by Sara Bareilles’ song Bluebird. Imagine the bird is a streak of blue on an overcast day, and you’ll have the image. Enjoy!
For the Eyes:
First-      Take a dark blue colour and apply it on the outer 3rd of the lid. Pull the colour into the first part of the crease and wing out the shape.
Second- Take a bright blue colour (like a cerulean) and fill in the rest of the crease. Pull it down slightly onto the lid to create a border and a faded look.
Third-  Take a sky blue colour and fill in the inner 3rd, fading up into the crease.
Fourth- Take a matte grey shadow and apply it on to the center of the lid. Fade the harsh edges with the blue colours.
Fifth-   Take a shimmering silver shadow and apply it lightly over the grey. Use the same colour to highlight the brows.
Sixth-    Use a matte white for the corner highlight. Make sure it stands out.
Seventh-   Line your eyes. Use a midnight blue colour to line your outer lid, upper and lower. Use the colour to highlight the bottom of the winged shape of the shadow. Tight-line your eyes with any grey liner you have. Line your lower water line with the grey too.
Eighth-   Apply black mascara. Try to concentrate on the outer lashes to give it a winged, fuller shape. If you want to apply half-lashes instead, feel free to.
I didn’t do a lip look for this because it would have been the standard, light pink lip stick or a gloss. I apologize for the redundancy. Hope you enjoy! This look is suitable for parties, dances, or even school (yea, I’m a little crazy. I know!).
Love,
Carie Lea
p.s. Sorry about the lack of videos/pictures! I promise there will be a YouTube video up soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment