Monday, August 8, 2011

The First Post

The first post; I could skyrocket or kill this entire blog in the first post. I'm feeling a little nervous here, because you all don't know me at all. Yet, you're wanting to read this...
For that, thank you, but I'm sure you'll want to know a little something about me.
I'm Carie Lea, that's lea pronounced lee. Fun Fact: Lea is really pronounced Lee, but since the rise of Lea Michelle, it's become more like Leah.
There's my nerd right there.
Yes, I'm a nerd: I read fanfiction, write fanfiction, and enjoy school. But, my glasses look like Tina Fey's, so it can't be all that bad(they look like hers, but not on me). I'm starting to wonder what classifies someone as a nerd... Okay, readers, your first job, should you choose to accept it: Tell me what you think a nerd is. Winner gets a special shout out in the next post!
This blog was supposed to in conjunction with a now defunct website I designed with my two of my friends. We decided to delete for... actually, I don't know why it was deleted. I got on one day and couldn't find it. Anyway, it has now become my hub for everything: for my photos, videos, tutorials, and anything I spur an interest in.
Just explain the "Pages" a bit: "About Me", "Home", and "Art" are pretty self-explanitory, but if you want to ask any questions, you can zip me a message. "Lea Looks" is the hub for all my makeup tutorials; the only explanation is I needed something to do this past summer and got a 5 dollar makeup palate (36 colours at 5Below!) as a graduation gift to myself. I will do reviews if someone were to ask, but I haven't been up long enough to know.
"Style Diary" is where I post in regards to fashion and trends and my own crazy outfits, maybe even outfits you all send in.  I got the idea from blogger Doe Deere. She has been an inspriation for alot of who I have grown into; inspring me to become myself and enjoy it to the fullest. Also, before I found her blog, I never wore makeup, had short-straight hair, and wore baggy-ish clothing.
Can someone say "androgynous"?
I think that's an okay note to end on. I hope you stick around and see what this will become. I wonder if we could try for Today's Most Popular Blogs, which I will explain when I get the numbers.
Help Carie out and spread the word to everyone!

thank you,
Carie Lea

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dearest Carie, a nerd can be anything and everything. Dorks to super smart, otakus (lesser known to anyone who isn't from japan) to computer geeks, there are so many types of nerd/geek it isn't even funny!

    Here's a link to The Evolution of the Geek: http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/geek_evolution.jpg

    That should be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete